Lucid Dreams Studio
Based in Sherbrooke / Montreal, QC, Canada
October 30th, 2020
Legends of Ethernal is a 2D single-player action adventure game where you need to explore beautiful hand-crafted environments, solve clever puzzles and battle challenging creatures to uncover the truth about your parents’ disappearance.
On a day like any other, a young boy returns home to find it in ruins and his parents, gone. Armed with courage and driven by the pain of his loss, he sets out on a journey to uncover the truth behind his family's disappearance... But what he discovers will forever change the World of Arkanys.
- Enjoy mechanics that are unlocking with weapons and items that you find.
- Solve puzzles and unleash your strategies against boss battles in multiple dungeons.
- Gather ethers and use items during the course of your journey to help you progress through the game.
- Admire beautiful 2D hand-drawn art covering multiple environments, scaling up to a resolution of 4K on supported platforms.
- Experience a compelling and linear storyline with great characters.
- Listen to the wonderfully crafted score, produced and recorded by veteran musician William Gough.
- Try the hardcore mode for an intense experience or enable the Relaxed Mode to help you complete the game.
Release Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official selection for the Digital Dragons Indie Celebration." Online, 13-15 May, 2020
- "Nomination at the Montreal Independant Game Awards for the Best Music Award." Montreal, 17 November, 2019
- "Nomination at the Montreal Independant Game Awards for the Best New Challenger." Montreal, 17 November, 2019
- "Nomination at the Montreal Independant Game Awards for the Best Canadian Game." Montreal, 17 November, 2019
- "Official selection for the Indie Game Area at the Tokyo Game Show." Tokyo, 12-15 September, 2019
- "Official selection for The MIX at E3." Los Angeles, 12 June, 2019
- "It has all the best elements of modern Zelda classics while retaining a personal identity..."
- Elliott Osange, Bonus Stage
- "...Legends of Ethernal is reminiscent of classic adventure games of days past."
- David Chapman, Common Sense Media
- "If you enjoy 2D puzzle platforming games with metroidvania elements then Legends of Ethernal might just suck you in with its great gameplay, characters, world and mysterious story."
- Geoffrey, The Indie Gaming Guild
About Lucid Dreams Studio
Lucid Dreams Studio is an indie game studio aiming at creating high quality 2D games for PC and consoles.
More information on Lucid Dreams Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Legends of Ethernal Credits
Administration | Programming | Story
Programming | Design
Art | Animation
William Gough (Contractor)
Annie Rodrigue (Contractor)
John Henry Rumsby (Contractor)
Story | Proofreading